Call for Papers
The Fluid Power Association of VDMA with its Fluid Power Sealing Group is organizing the 20th ISC, International Sealing Conference Stuttgart 2018, on October 10-11, 2018 at the University of Stuttgart. The Conference will be held under the scientific auspices of Dr.-Ing. Frank Bauer of the Institute of Machine Components of the University of Stuttgart.
The motto for the Conference will be:
Sealing Technology – Beyond Limitations
Stagnation means regression. By overcoming their former performance limits, seals contribute to the development of modern, environmentally friendly, efficient and high-performance technical products, such as pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders, vehicles or machines and installations.
At the 20th International Sealing Conference presentations on the following topics are requested:
- Static Seals
- Rotary Shaft Seals
- Reciprocating Seals (Hydraulics/ Pneumatics)
- Basics of Sealing Technology
- Mechanical Seals
- Materials and Surfaces
- Energy Conservation/Friction/Wear
- Standardization/Patents/Laws/Test Procedures
- Applications in Practice
The speakers (one per contribution) participate in the conference free of charge.
If you are interested in presenting at the 20th ISC, you are kindly requested to submit an abstract in English or German by template or by e-mail (christian.geis(at)vdma.org).
- Presentations should not exceed a limit of 20 minutes.
- The papers for the conference proceedings may be in English or German.
- The presentation and the paper may be in different languages (English or German).
- 2018/02/28: Submission of abstracts
- 2018/04/19: Notification of acceptance
- 2018/06/22: Submission of full papers